Potato salad is a favorite of mine and a summer staple, from picnics in the park to backyard BBQs. It’s a great dish to beat the heat and prepare earlier in the day, and leftovers make great lunches. It’s so versatile too, add what you have in your fridge and change it up each time!
I’m not a food blogger so don’t expect precise measurements – I’m a bit-of-this, couple-spoonfuls-of that type cook. But it’s tough to go wrong with a potato salad, as long as the potatoes are cooked that is!
The summer heat sometimes takes my appetite away, so while I was mildly hungry last night, I didn’t want something too filling. Adding the protein of bacon and eggs gave this potato salad a boost and made a nice, cool supper.
- Potatoes, boiled and cooled – I prefer to use baby potatoes, easy to quarter them and I leave the skins on
- Dressing – whatever you like. I used a combination of Miracle Whip with a splash of Coleslaw and Bacon Ranch dressings
- Red pepper, diced
- Hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Bacon, chopped
- Thyme, fresh is you have it
- Chives, diced – I uses scissors for easy cutting, and with my chives in bloom right now, I also sprinkled some of the blossoms over it too (yes, they are edible!)
Chill until supper. Enjoy on the side or have a larger portion as an entree.